The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

HELP! Door Furniture Nomenclature Please!

Mickey

ello

I need a spot of assistance if possible..as the title suggests ;)

The bar that connects the outside and inside handles on a door is, I believe, called a Spindle...or is it?

I need to acquire two of these with some fair urgency and I have no idea who supplies them...having no car and being way out in the sticks means Im loathe to venture on a mission to buy something I dont know the name of or who may sell them....

Im in the big city at the moment and ill be getting them tomorrow, but if any fellow RM chappies can save me a long trek Id be most grateful :)

TiA

Hi, did you get sorted? I work for a company that supplies door furniture and joinery products, drop me a pm if you still need help :)

Regards

Lee.

Companies that supply door furniture are usually very helpful and friendly to deal with, though some people still criticise them; I guess firms like that will always have a few knockers.

I'll get me coat [1]....

David

[1] Although I reckon I deserve a little bit of credit for using a "knockers" joke that didn't need to resort to Carry On-esque humour.

Archived