Dapol Replacement Wheels For Hornby Coaches?

One of my Swallow Mrk4s has a broken wheel (it has come off the axle). A while ago I asked on here if matching replacments were available (as the wheel's were asseticlly a different design to all the Hornby replacements I could fine) and was recomended to replace all the wheels on the train as the pepole had tried the new ones and said it make the coaches run better. However I found Hornby's wheels a bit on the expensive side so haven't yet purchased any. Having recently purchased a Dapol wagon I thought maybe I could use their spare wheels, I think these are slightly cheaper and Dapol products are made in Chirk not China aren't they? So, does anyone know if the Dapol wheels will be alright, and if they improve the coaches like new Hornby ones would?

Not tried Dapol but have replaced my MkIV wheels with the current Hornby ones which was an improvement,I tried the cheaper Bachmann wheels(cast,not the turned ones)and found the pinpoint axle ends a different profile,less 'pointed' which caused binding and made them very difficult to turn,they finished up in Hornby VBA vans.

Archived