Union Street

puffernutter

This time I based the track plan on Roshven, which is based on a simplified Kyle of Localsh. However, instead of a windswept highland terminus, I envision this particular layout to be a squashed section of a mainline station. I drew inspiration from Manchester Victoria for it's wood clad trainshed and passenger footbridge, and Platform 7/8 from London Bridge which are squashed between the ex LBSCR/SECR platform arrangements.

post-5610-021374800 1283894081_thumb.png

The rear of the plan is taken up by the trainshed wall, with gallery windows, "recessed" platform and doors underneath. This platform hosts passenger services to some unimportant connection, which is why it's not in the main building. The near sidings are the beginnings of the freight and parcels area of the station, again not hosting anything of priority that would be unloaded under the cover of a dedicated goods shed. The latticed, roofed footbridge forms a natural view break between the visible and staging sections.

Operations would be the shuffling of passenger stock in the rear road, and the organising of parcels/newspaper/goods wagons in the freight area.

The plan fits into 10' x 2' in 7mm:ft.

Archived