Barrow Road shed by Robin Whittle

Sibling Rivalry by Geoff Tiffany

On closer inpection by Keith Bradbury

GNR somersult Signals by Dave Carter

Semaphores & servos simple Martin Lloyd

Portfollio

Letters

Diary

I'd thought the cover looked ok when I had a brief glance at EM North on the weekend but now i've got my copy I can see the pixelation of that image. You can see stepping in the image where the body meets the solebar. Must have been something like a 1MP picture blown up for print a bit like the issues some of the Scalefour North adverts used to have. edit: Having now read a couple of articles some of the pictures inside also show this issue in the LMS inspection saloon and Barrow Road article amongst others.

Nice issue though with a nice followup from Robin on the Barrow Road building and there are some nice letters about MRJ 200 in the back as well.

I'm used to seeing inspection saloons with yellow ends now so both black and red look a bit odd. Not sure if the crimson is correct, will await the letters in 202!

• 2 weeks later...

Usual good read. Fascinating article on the construction of a Midlands Railway roundhouse using CAD/CAM techniques and a five layer sandwich technique, laser cut English bond on 2mm MDF! Awesome dude! (As our cousins from across the pond are wont to say)

But, who passed that front cover photo? Out of focus and badly pixelated!

Usual good read. Fascinating article on the construction of a Midlands Railway roundhouse using CAD/CAM techniques and a five layer sandwich technique, laser cut English bond on 2mm MDF! Awesome dude! (As our cousins from across the pond are wont to say)

The blog is http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php/blog/116-barrowroads-blog/ if you want to see more and Robin is bringing the roundhouse part to Scaleforum this weekend..

Archived