Bachman Deltic 55001 St Paddy

Hi All,

Is there a way to access bogie gears to grease without taking the body off and dropping the bogie tower?

I can get to one of the gears either end by turning the bogie slightly.

I gained access to my Bachman Class 66 by un clipping bogie frames without going though the body.

I don't want to start proding around with my screwdriver on a £130 loco if I can help it, and then find it won't come free.

Thanks

Stu

Removal of the one piece moulding that forms the cosmetic frames and baseplate, is in just the same style as on the Bachmann 66. If you turn the bogie as far as it will go it is pretty easy to work in a flat blade between the gear tower and the exterior moulding at the outside end, to flex this over the retaining lugs on the gear tower. Because there are two lugs which engage in holes either side of the NEM pocket it is easiest to tackle one from each side.

Removal of the one piece moulding that forms the cosmetic frames and baseplate, is in just the same style as on the Bachmann 66. If you turn the bogie as far as it will go it is pretty easy to work in a flat blade between the gear tower and the exterior moulding at the outside end, to flex this over the retaining lugs on the gear tower. Because there are two lugs which engage in holes either side of the NEM pocket it is easiest to tackle one from each side.

Thanks for the the reply, iv managed to remove frames very easy once you know where to put your screwdriver.

The problem I have was not due to lack of greese.

cheers

Stu

Archived