Bachmann 45 Sound chip, no drive problem

muddys-blues

Hi, I have an ESU sound chipped Bachmann 45, with the Bachmann sound, I am using a Gaugemaster Prodigy "1st" system, the problem I have is that the sound and lights all work no probs, but no motor drive when using sound, it did drive when not using sound, I have done a CV8 reset to a value of 08 as per the sheet, still no drive, the loco drives no probs with another chip in it and on DC ??? any advice would be welcome.

Regards

Craig.

Hi Craig,

Just a long shot but has the function button for notch down (F6) been left down, thats if the Bachy Peak has notching on it.

Did something simular with my Deltic and had sound but no movement.

Also I tried to turn down my Deltic sound via F11 button and same thing happened so I re programmed address via prog track, I read loco address then changed it then back to original address.

don't know if this is of any help.

Good luck

Stu

Hi Stu, I checked CV29 to see what value it was, and make sure the DC running was not disabled, I then banged it on a DC track and DC controller, it proceeded to run, stuck it back on the DCC track and low and behold it was up and away no problems !!!!!! No idea what caused this, and I run a garage for a living, new cars are easier to understand and fix than DCC sound chips with gremlins in them.

Archived