Diagram 1/094 carflat A wagons

dagrizz

Hi,

I'd like to see photographs of carflat A wagons from diagram 1/094. They were converted from 57ft ex-LMS coach underframes in 1959/60. I've looked at Paul Bartlett's photo website and also his co-authored 1985 OPC book on BR wagons but diagram 1/094 is not featured in any photographs. Does anyone have photos or know of likely sources?

Alternatively, I would also like to see any photographs of the Rootes carflat trains that ran between Coventry and Linwood in the early/mid sixties. Hillman Imps were the main load and the trains were initially hauled by pairs of Polmadie class 20s. I've yet to see a photo of these trains. Can anyone help?

Regards

Graham

Alternatively, I would also like to see any photographs of the Rootes carflat trains that ran between Coventry and Linwood in the early/mid sixties. Hillman Imps were the main load and the trains were initially hauled by pairs of Polmadie class 20s. I've yet to see a photo of these trains. Can anyone help?

The OPC/John Vaughan 'Profile of the 20s' has a shot of the inaugural train at Johnstone, said to be carrying 100 cars. ISTR there might also be the odd one in contemporary mags

Archived