Gladlys

Darwinian

After years of building stock with nothing to run it on I've finally made a start on building a layout. It is to be based on Rhymmney Railway practice (ish) in post grouping days. 1928-1935. post-9629-009175700 1284935225_thumb.gif

The track is built (C and L componentry) but I'm not sure where I need trap/catch points. The idea is that there are two operating areas, the station platform and yard (nearest the front/ bottom of plan) and coal train sorting sidings at the back. A colliery line enters from a steep incline off the valley side via the double slip so the run around is shared (middle loop or back loop for this?). Coal trains/empties can arrive/depart whilst the platform is occupied ot the yard being worked (provided there is no need to run around).

Any ideas/comments before it's too late to change.

Darwinian

Yes. Although it's a terminus designed with possible extension in mind so runs almost to the extreme right corner. I'm new to XtrakCad so the labels are very small.

At the bottom of the plan are a pair of sidings for the goods yard, the longer one having the goods shed. Above that the platform line, then (in my mind) the middle road for arrivals for / from the colliery, above that the run around loop.

The main line down the valley enters bottom left from a cassette fiddle yard and the colliery line enters top left (and on a higher level).

It may not be entirely protoypical but I want to run four coach peak period trains and coal/empties of at least 10 wagons.

Darwinian

Archived