Deltic Top Headboard Brackets - Help Required to Source

Does anyone know where I might be able to source some top headboard brackets (the one above the handrail/headcode box fitted in the early to mid 60s but after introduction) suitable to Bachmann class 55 Deltics?

I've explored a number of possible options on the web without any joy of finding something that it a good representation.

These are to fit to some of my full fleet where for whatever reason the detailed kit parts have gone astray; Bachmann seemingly have no spares.

Thanks,

Dave

Does anyone know where I might be able to source some top headboard brackets (the one above the handrail/headcode box fitted in the early to mid 60s but after introduction) suitable to Bachmann class 55 Deltics?

I've explored a number of possible options on the web without any joy of finding something that it a good representation.

These are to fit to some of my full fleet where for whatever reason the detailed kit parts have gone astray; Bachmann seemingly have no spares.

Thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave,

You can purchase this item from Shawplan from their Extreme Etch Range.

I believe the code for the top headboard bracket is EEDP55-23, they also do the bottom brackets as well code : EEDP55-21. You will need to verify these codes but here's a link to see them made up Brian Hansons' Deltic

The whole range of Deltic etches look fantastic so it was no surprise I parted with some cash at Scaleforum :lol:

Hope this Helps

Mark

Hi Mark

That's exactly what I was looking for, thanks a million. Wasn't aware of the Shawplan blog site you directed me to, but not too surprising as only just got back into modelling after many years absence.

The model of 13 brings back memories of seeing the real thing all dressed up and nowhere to go after York prepared it for Rainhill 150 only to find Tulyar going instead.

Thanks again,

Dave :good_mini:

Hi Dave,

You can purchase this item from Shawplan from their Extreme Etch Range.

I believe the code for the top headboard bracket is EEDP55-23, they also do the bottom brackets as well code : EEDP55-21. You will need to verify these codes but here's a link to see them made up Brian Hansons' Deltic

The whole range of Deltic etches look fantastic so it was no surprise I parted with some cash at Scaleforum :lol:

Hope this Helps

Mark

Planning what to do with all the bits I bough too... initially planning a more thorough overhaul this time... looking forward to breaking open some of the packets I bought from Mike at Scaleforum very soon... or as soon as I can get my dentist to sort out my toothache that's stopping me concentrating on anything.

Planning what to do with all the bits I bough too... initially planning a more thorough overhaul this time... looking forward to breaking open some of the packets I bought from Mike at Scaleforum very soon... or as soon as I can get my dentist to sort out my toothache that's stopping me concentrating on anything.

Hi Jon,

Been watching your topics for a while and noted that you were off too Scaleforum as well......little surprise then that you also parted with some hard earned cash for these excellent etches. Mine unfortunately will be put on the back burner for a while though I have examined them and am itching to start giving the Bachmann Deltic a much deserved facelift.

Hope the toothache gets sorted quickly.....can't wait for your posts.

Mark

Hi Mark

That's exactly what I was looking for, thanks a million. Wasn't aware of the Shawplan blog site you directed me to, but not too surprising as only just got back into modelling after many years absence.

The model of 13 brings back memories of seeing the real thing all dressed up and nowhere to go after York prepared it for Rainhill 150 only to find Tulyar going instead.

Thanks again,

Dave :good_mini:

Hi Dave,

FYI the website and the blog site are still under development. Getting hold of the items has been in the past very tricky so I hope that the website update will be an improvement. The blog is a great idea and I'm sure that with time this will be fully functional giving us modeller's a glimpse into what the next set of extreme etches will be.

Mark

Hi Jon,

Been watching your topics for a while and noted that you were off too Scaleforum as well......little surprise then that you also parted with some hard earned cash for these excellent etches. Mine unfortunately will be put on the back burner for a while though I have examined them and am itching to start giving the Bachmann Deltic a much deserved facelift.

Hope the toothache gets sorted quickly.....can't wait for your posts.

Mark

Mark,

thanks for the comments... just hit the brickwall that is the what-do-I-do about converting to P4 long hard thought process. I'll probably start working on one of the 55s soon and maybe part with an earlier one to make room for this.... Yes, I'm quite keen to get started and toothache may have been fixed.. not sure. Odd isn't it that after a visit to the dentist all your teeth hurt - or is that just me:blink:

Mark,

thanks for the comments... just hit the brickwall that is the what-do-I-do about converting to P4 long hard thought process. I'll probably start working on one of the 55s soon and maybe part with an earlier one to make room for this.... Yes, I'm quite keen to get started and toothache may have been fixed.. not sure. Odd isn't it that after a visit to the dentist all your teeth hurt - or is that just me:blink:

You know it makes sense, spend all that time, money converting your a border line deltic into something far superior only to put it on grossly under gauge track.... :O

I guess the big question is have you a layout that you've devoted a lot of time, money and resources on. If so are you willing to start again and sell that too. If you don't have a layout and are thinking of building one then now's the time to make your mind up as once you started their will be little point in changing your mind half way through.

Mark

Archived