If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Hello all,

Boscarne

Hi,

My name's Clive and I live near Salisbury. I've been reading this forum for a while now and have found it to be an excellent resource. Time to jump on board.......

My primary modelling interest is Cornish China Clay traffic (oh no, not another one!), and I'm currently building EM gauge rolling stock along these lines. No layout yet though....

Over the years I've dabbled in all sorts. Started out about 30 years ago with the obligatory GWR Trainset, then moved onto a shed full of WR blue diesels back when Lima was state of the art. More recently I got involved with the Scalefour 18.83 challenge and built some of the stock for Woolworth Road, think I'll stick with EM though.

Trouble is, these days we're being bombarded with so many quality RTR models it's very easy to get distracted. So many models, so little time.......

Cheers,

Clive.

Welcome Clive- you could not have picked a better bunch to join than RMweb! Totally agree with your thoughts, shame in some ways that the considerable increase in RTR quality could have a downside(apart from price)! BTW how near Salisbury? Only ask 'cos we ain't too far away from that lovely city and my firstborn works in Currys on the Southampton Road.

Thanks all for the warm welcome.

Tim, I'm about 10 miles west of Salisbury. Funnily enough I work just around the corner from Curry's. Small world innit....

Clive.

Lovely part of the world.(And not frightfully far from the "Seymour Arms" at East Knoyle-always a nice pint and super food).Hope nothing's changed!

Archived