Locos and DMUs of north Derbyshire

Hi there, im thinking of making a fictional layout based in north Derbyshire, so sort of similar to Peak Forest line or hope valley (if if stated them incorrectly feel free to correct me) and i was wondering what locos and DMU's would run on it and in what livery. Im planning of basing it between 2000 and about 2008/9 maybe venturing on 2010. I'm Guessing 60's, 66's, maybe 56's, 150's, 156's and 158's?

thanks for any feed back

Elliott

Hope Valley Line in the earlier end of your period generally be Cl 158 on Transpennine Express and Central Trains Norwich>>Liverpool services, which sometiems ran a Cl170. Cl 142 and 150 with 101 upto 2004 on North West Trains/FNW local Sheffield>> Man Picc via New Mills.

cheers mate

thanks for the heads up

In my experience Norwich-Liverpool was usually a 170 in the latter years of Central - often a 3-car. Following the EMT takeover in late 2007 it went back to 158s in a weird and wonderful set of liveries including rebadged Transpennine. But only 2-car or occasional 4-car units as EMT didn't (and still doesn't) have any 3-car 158s. By this time the 158s had gone from the actual Transpennine service to be replaced by 185s. Recently 2-car TPE 170s have replaced the 185s on some of the off-peak diagrams.

Archived