Galaxy Models, Ipswich

Guest TomTank

Guest TomTank

I recently ordered some Townscene backdrops from them last week, very good service.

I had a look through on there online shop tonight, and was very suprised at the low prices of locos and rolling stock in there 'Clearance' section, particular some of Hornby's new BR Stanier coaches, at roughly between £10-£12 :blink:

So I've ordered them :lol: but seriously, such low prices, Peppercorn A1 Meg Merrilies at £68! :O

http://www.galaxymodels.co.uk/page.asp?type=clearance&offset=24

I recently ordered some Townscene backdrops from them last week, very good service.

I had a look through on there online shop tonight, and was very suprised at the low prices of locos and rolling stock in there 'Clearance' section, particular some of Hornby's new BR Stanier coaches, at roughly between £10-£12 :blink:

So I've ordered them :lol: but seriously, such low prices, Peppercorn A1 Meg Merrilies at £68! :O

http://www.galaxymodels.co.uk/page.asp?type=clearance&offset=24

The simple reason of the cheap prices is that Galaxy Models will no longer be stocking Model Railways and hence is selling it all off cheaply. I guess with Scog-Rail solely doing model railways and the recent opening of Model Zone in the town centre has probably had an effect on that side of the business. They will remain opening and dealing with what has always been their core business of radio control.

Regards

Kevin

I dealt with Galaxy Models some time ago and, while cannot fault their service and courtesy, their postage/packing price to Australia was a bit over the top, so I never used them again.

For those in the UK after a bargain (or two), those green Bachmann 4CEP units at a shade over 77 pounds are certainly good value.

• 2 weeks later...

The simple reason of the cheap prices is that Galaxy Models will no longer be stocking Model Railways and hence is selling it all off cheaply. I guess with Scog-Rail solely doing model railways and the recent opening of Model Zone in the town centre has probably had an effect on that side of the business. They will remain opening and dealing with what has always been their core business of radio control.

Regards

Kevin

That's a disappointment. You could park at Galaxy and they stocked some Slaters Plasticard, etc. As a "general" model shop they also have those useful items the railway shops rarely stock, wood strip, plywood, etc. It looks as though as two shops left in Ipswich are okay if you are into RTR.

Archived