RMweb

Mulimaus Problems

pendlerail

Hi all, I recently had my Roco Multiimaus die, it was used for my test track, the lights in the command box no longer come on and the handset does't power up, I checked the fuse, I took it to Rawtenstall and very kindly was aloud to plug it into Oldham King St's Lenz setup :blush: . It powered up. but shut down the lenz system showing Stop on my handset, any ideas what the problem was, a member of L&Y DCC suggested to remove the box and look for dry joints, but with it appearing to short a Lenz setup I wonder if there is also a problem with my handset? Thanks in advance, Phil

• RMweb Premium

I suspect you will have already done this but check the cable into the amplifier and handset is properly seated at both ends. I had my system short out and shutdown with error codes etc. at the Kernow show. After disconnecting and reconnecting the cables I found one was slightly loose and was causing the problems.

Cheers

Dave

Hi - can I ask how the MultiMaus was attached to the Lenz system?

If it was via an accessory plate (the LS152) then there is a wiring mod that needs to have been carried out on it for correct functionality with the MultiMaus handset. I found this out the hard way when I first acquired my own MultiMaus.

Have you tried a different hook up lead ? I have had to cut & re-crimp my own leads numerous times over the years

Do you know anyone local to you with a MultiMaus set you can try your handset on ?

SPROG2 is a really great investment and programming tool but is not really intended as a replacement for a control handset.

Do you know what the Xpress-Net address of your MultiMaus is ? if it was the same as one of the controllers already connected to the show layout then that may well have caused the shutdown and not a fault on your MultiMaus.

Lots of questions but things may not be as black as they look.

I was only using Multimaus for a test track so SPROG will do, not sure about expressnex addy, and just used the wire that came with handheld, thanks for input, suspect hadset ok as you say but without working base station not much good to me. probabaly cost more than Sprog to repair/replace anyway? Was annoyed with self forgott to take to Huddersfield show and a Layout there ran with Multimaus. may test it again if I get the chance or sell it>

Thanks for Replys

Archived