Hobby train N Plasser Theurer

chriswrightmk

Last Year Hobbytrain Lemke produced an N track machine and noted on Osborns and other websites (like Kernow and Gaugemaster)an OBW10 (similar to OBW8 on BR) is now available. A non motorised version (£99)is on offer at Gaugemaster as well as DDC version at £195.. I used Trackmachines website to find a prototype at Woking. The track machine is also now offered in blue. Expensive but interesting machines with track machines commonly seen with full roof..

I don't know about the DCC one but the original is noisy but does run slowly and smoothly, the finish is poor (although it'll need a respray anyway for the UK) and the bogies tend to spontaneously fall to bits until you get fed up and reassemble the model with glue.The roof was added a long time ago but it'll depend upon period if you need to make and add one.

As a 50 quid model it wouldn't be a bad deal, at 195 it doesn't really square up to equivalently priced goodies in my opinion !

• 1 month later...

Is the facet it's 1:160th scale make much of a noticeable difference if it's on a British themed layout thought as I've seen one and I'm thinking of getting one of the motorized ones that are dcc on board and at a good price.

Anyones thoughts on that?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived