DJH Ex Crosti

This is far from perfect I know...there are many modelling and paint deficiencies, well below the standard of much that is posted up here. :(

It was built from a DJH kit many years ago and I think I can do a lot better now, but I hope it conveys something atmospheric from an era when steam was on it's last legs, filthy, unkempt, unloved, in deplorable mechanical condtions, but still rugged and very romantic.

The shot is on my layout Belmont Road, posted elsewhere.

I have had huge difficulty in photograhing my layout with its dusk setting but this one, despite the faults (which I always notice after the photo is taken) is one of my better offerings.

Jack

post-9964-064590600 1288774299_thumb.jpg

You are right all the original Crostis had the BR1C. 021 in the photo is pictured in the book much in the condition as you see it here, only weeks away from scrapping. My understanding, from my research, was that in the final years any servicable tender was bunged on just to keep the loco running in the last few months.

I have a few pictures of some very odd combinations in the last few years of steam.

You probably find that 021 was rebuilt and kept the BR1C as did perhaps the other rebuilds, like this she is an oddity but that was the appeal to me in building it.

Best wishes,

Jack

Archived