Bolton Model Railway Shops

narrowman

I'm off to Bolton next Tuesday (coach trip to the market!). Is Bolton Model Mart still open? I recall another shop on the road to Horwich, but even if it's still there, it will be probably to far to get to! Are there any others?

Hopefully, I'll be able to spend more time at the station than I was able to last time. Now a mere shadow of its former glory - as I remember from the late 1950s! Horwich works were good though! ZM32 was working when I was there!

Narrowman

Bolton Model Mart is still there, but tends to have limited stock and charges RRP. There is another shop on the road towards Wigan, which was well stocked last time I went in, again seemed to charge RRP (The Model Centre; 1 Hulton Lane Bolton Lancs). Farnworth Model Centre used to be the best place, but unfortunately has been gone several years due to the unfortunate passing away of the owner. The only other shop in the vicinity that I can think of is in Horwich (trains and diecast; 138 Wright Street, Horwich, Bolton, Lancashire), though I haven't been there in a long time.

Actually got to Bolton and visited Bolton Model Mart, which had some reduced prices on things I didn't want! (usual situation!).

Although the station is a shadow of how I remember it (in steam days), a couple of DMUs came through and one of those new fangled pointy things was leaving just as I got there. It was as cold as North Wales though! Good food in the Octagon!

Tony

post-851-072455600 1289484885_thumb.jpg

post-851-027655700 1289484902_thumb.jpg

post-851-042412100 1289484918_thumb.jpg

Archived