Sixties Diesel & Electric Days Remembered

Baby Deltic

Just a heads up about a nice colour tome featuring lots of pictures of diesel and electric loco's in the 1960's. It has chapters as follows:

Old Oak Memories

Under The Wires

Southern Capers

Scottish Habits

Changes At The Cross (KX)

Shunting Types

Crewe Mixtures

Questions To Be Answered

Blue Is The Colour

The End Is Nigh

Western Rules

Photographic Archive

ISBN 978-1-905276-43-1

A very nice book, good photo's including many I've not seen before - 10001 being cut up for example.

• RMweb Premium

I have a copy of aforementioned book there are indeed some very interesting photographs in the book, but I have a small problem with my copy of the book, some of the pages have started to fall out. :blink: :blink:

As it was purchased a Warley not sure weather to contact the publisher or the people who sold me the book as it cost £29.95 I do not expect the pages to fall out.

Rant Over, bot other wise a very good book to have.:D :D

Terry

I have a copy of aforementioned book there are indeed some very interesting photographs in the book, but I have a small problem with my copy of the book, some of the pages have started to fall out. :blink: :blink:

As it was purchased a Warley not sure weather to contact the publisher or the people who sold me the book as it cost £29.95 I do not expect the pages to fall out.

Terry, our standard advice repeated many time is that your legal contract is with the retailer. However awkward that may be, it is the basis of consumer law. In this case a phone call or letter to the publisher might be worth trying (although you could just as easily contact the retailer) - tell us how you get on. One thing though, don't send an e-mail, only to tell us they haven't replied ;)

Cheers.

• RMweb Premium

Terry, our standard advice repeated many time is that your legal contract is with the retailer. However awkward that may be, it is the basis of consumer law. In this case a phone call or letter to the publisher might be worth trying (although you could just as easily contact the retailer) - tell us how you get on. One thing though, don't send an e-mail, only to tell us they haven't replied ;)

Cheers.

I would not dream of it.

Terry

My mate was at Warley and purchased a copy of this book. He brought it down to the pub this evening (early doors). There are, indeed, some spanking pictures and their reproduction is far better than Strathwood's earlier 'muddy-grey' offerings. Unfortunately, in general, and in my opinion, the captions tend to lean towards supposition and waffle rather than being factual and informative.

As we were looking through the book, pages started to come adrift. Fairly soon, just about everyone in the pub had their own page ! Only some of the pages are numbered, so it was a bit difficult re-assembling the pages in the right order. Apparently, so I'm told, it's not an occasional fault, but a problem with the stitching being too close to the spine and an issue with the glued (or not !) wrap-around reinforcing paper/cloth on the spine, which means they're probably all like this. You could, of course, accept the books as being perforated to make framing easier !

Ian

Archived