RMweb

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

Well, nearly ever!?

Just trying to salvage a bit of self respect for 'em.  Think my sentiment rings true on the whole though.

Horsetan's link was so funny - what a tonic! 

I seem to recall Michael Owen developed a habit of falling over if an Argentinian came near him in a World Cup Finals, but as it was Argentina I didn't care at the time and still don't. Might be something to do with "The Hand of God" I suppose.

Edited by cary hill
  • Like 1

Sod the world cup its all about "THE BEARD - JOHN BRAYFORD"

Come on John you know you want to come back to the Blades.

Heres my boy with the man himself from last season

John Brayford - pure quality.

Come on Stevie Mac bring him back where he belongs to play for the Rams next season!

So we have Germany needing a point to top their group and USA needing a draw to qualify.  USA managed by a German legend and national hero.

Germany have previous form, given the Wessies' "anschluss" with Austria in 1982.

Anyone care to predict a result other than a draw?

So we have Germany needing a point to top their group and USA needing a draw to qualify.  USA managed by a German legend and national hero.

Germany have previous form, given the Wessies' "anschluss" with Austria in 1982.

Anyone care to predict a result other than a draw?

3-2. Who to? No idea.

I would be hard pressed to believe that the United States will beat Germany decisively. I also know that Germany will move on to the Round of 16, so they don't need to wear themselves down. To me, the real pity is that Bosnia didn't advance and they played some great games.

Meanwhile Ghana suspends two of its "stars", while the Government flies out cash to prevent its overpaid prima donnas from walking out of the "game" against Portugal.

They're not the only ones. Cameroon were highly discontent about their bonus payments, and it visibly affected their group performance.

Whatever happened to the honour of representing one's country?

You mean there's honour nowadays?  :O

Suarez has been banned for 9 official International Matches and banned for 4 months from any football activity. That's Liverpool slightly b**g*red until November if it means what it says.

Edited by cary hill

Suarez has been banned for 9 official International Matches and banned for 4 months from any football activity. That's Liverpool slightly b**g*red until November if it means what it says.

I'm getting a sense of déjà vu about this already....  :rolleyes:

I really think that he needs a 1 year ban. He's only going to do it again. While my Premier League team is Liverpool, this sociopath needs to be removed from the game. 4 months doesn't make a dent in his bank account. Who would have ever thought that there was someone that makes Diego Maradona look like a quality role model. The world is going bat crap crazy.

• RMweb Gold

Suarez shouldn't worry. Whilst he is banned he could audition for the new Hannibal Lector movie!

FIFA have missed a trick there. After he completes his ban, he should only be allowed to play if wearing a muzzle.

• RMweb Gold

There is a silver lining for Suarez - his autobiography is apparently published on 25th September http://www.amazon.co.uk/Luis-Suarez-My-Autobiography-Pistolero/dp/147222423X - so he will be available for an extensive book signing tour probably as part of a desperate bid to prevent it being "remaindered" in record time.

Will there be a version on Kindle etc and how many bytes will it be?

• RMweb Premium

Seriously, I think Suarez should be checked out by a psychiatrist before he's allowed back on a football field. There's something very, very wrong (and downright creepy) about using your teeth on a fellow human being. He's crossed the proverbial line three time now - it just isn't right.