Depot Detailing Parts - 4mm scale

backwaterscotland

While searching around for some bus bits I stumbled across this supplier :

Boltons Bits

If you go to the "Model Bus Part 2" page there is a selection of parts for detailing bus depots that would be applicable to railway depots such as welders, lockers, compressors, workbenches, toolboxes etc in whitemetal.

Hope this is of use to others.

Andy B)

• 3 months later...

Update :

Went to the site today to order some detail bits and found the following message on the front page

BOLTONS BITS IS TAKING A YEAR OUT IN 2011 TO ATTEND TO OTHER PROJECTS. MANY THANKS FOR YOUR CUSTOM. HAVE A HAPPY CHRISTMAS AND I'LL BE BACK IN 2012!!

All of the pages related to the detailing bits are now missing so it looks like another source will need to be found or wait until 2012.

Andy B)

BOLTONS BITS IS TAKING A YEAR OUT IN 2011 TO ATTEND TO OTHER PROJECTS. MANY THANKS FOR YOUR CUSTOM. HAVE A HAPPY CHRISTMAS AND I'LL BE BACK IN 2012!!

Ah, but will his customers.

... if there actually were many of them ... as I missed the OP and had not heard of him, I guess I will never know if there was anything of interest to me.

Ah, but will his customers.

... if there actually were many of them ... as I missed the OP and had not heard of him, I guess I will never know if there was anything of interest to me.

I managed to find the page on the wayback machine if you want to have a look : http://replay.waybackmachine.org/20090621230612/http://www.boltonsbits.com/model%20bus%20parts2.htm

Andy B)

I don't understand the shutdown.

Possibly wants to crack on with the restoration of his bus maybe instead of mucking about casting and packaging orders for a while?

Im guessing its not a breadwinning enterprise (could be wrong) so why not stop for a while and break.

so why not stop for a while and break.

selfish customers waiting to offer money in exchange for product ???

ones that are likely to forget of his existence (by shunning their offerings)

unless he returns in a blaze of advertising and a big public fanfare.

me, I've lived without up to now, so I can probably live without until something else comes along. Or invest my £££ in some other item/kit that is still available.

Archived