Templot v Anyrail

shad3925

Not quite sure what you mean by 'deselect' shad but I will assume you have a section of track that you wish to take out and replace with flexitrack.

The first step is to disconnect each end of the subject section using the red 'disconnect' icon.

Then highlight the disconnected section and press 'Del' on your keyboard.

Not quite sure what you mean by 'deselect' shad but I will assume you have a section of track that you wish to take out and replace with flexitrack.

The first step is to disconnect each end of the subject section using the red 'disconnect' icon.

Then highlight the disconnected section and press 'Del' on your keyboard.[/fo

Hi Trevor

My post was a little misleading,I want to place a section of flex track on my benchwork.The selection bar has a piece of track that is highlighted in black which I do not want to use,each time I attempt to place my length of flex track on the bench work it is replaced by the highlighted selection bar piece of track.

Reg

Hi Reg,

Not a function that use a lot and, unfortunately, I do not have Winrail on the laptop I'm having to use at the moment.

All I can suggest is that you isolate the section as before, then select and duplicate it, and then select the duplicate section and copy it to your benchwork folder.

Hi Trevor

My post was a little misleading,I want to place a section of flex track on my benchwork.The selection bar has a piece of track that is highlighted in black which I do not want to use,each time I attempt to place my length of flex track on the bench work it is replaced by the highlighted selection bar piece of track.

Reg

Hi Reg, are you using WinRail 7 or 9?.....I have both and will try to replicate what you are doing.

From memory flexitrack has to be joined to something, so put a piece of track down where you want the flexi to start and then join the flexi to it. Do what you want with the flexi and once you are finished, select the original piece of track and delete it. This should leave the flexi in position.

Give it a try and let me know how you get on.

Hi Reg, are you using WinRail 7 or 9?.....I have both and will try to replicate what you are doing.

From memory flexitrack has to be joined to something, so put a piece of track down where you want the flexi to start and then join the flexi to it. Do what you want with the flexi and once you are finished, select the original piece of track and delete it. This should leave the flexi in position.

Give it a try and let me know how you get on.

Thanks Gordon, will try that later, I am using Version 10.

Its a great pity the manual does not explain these things.

Will let you know the result

I had a response from the Yahoo WinRail user group and a well informed member (Gunnar) gave me the following solution when laying flex track:

"The command in the "Special"-menu opens a window where you can choose to create a straight or a curved flex section. Once you click OK the flex section becomes the "current piece of track" and can be placed on the layout or appended to an existing section using the related tools.

The tool for altering the curvature is in the "Special"-menu, but under "Tools-Flex track"."

It works a treat

Anyone out there using any of these products on a Mac? Any views please on which is best? Thanks.

I am using WinRail on a Macbook Pro 13",I have installed Windows 7 via Bootcamp and it runs perfectly, as do other windows applications.

Reg

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

To add to the mix, here's a new 3D layout planning program from Milen Peev in Bulgaria:

http://www.scarm.info/index_en.html

Very much still under development, but it has a full set of commercial track libraries and a neat 3D viewer. A long way to go to catch the others, but who knows?

Why not download SCARM and see what you think? It's free!

regards,

Martin.

---------------------------------

http://www.templot.com

Archived