Having A Go

Thought I'd share some work I've been doing tonight with you guys and gals, as ever comment and feedback are always welcome, Have some 16t stone's to do next I think some water and salt might be involved with those anyway here you go,

From this

GEDC0396.jpg

Too these

GEDC0400.jpg

And this one

GEDC0398.jpg

Can you spot the odd one out?

GEDC0404.jpg

:D

Hi any chance of a quick run down of materials used and technique because I like the look of those!

Guy

To start I split the bodies down i.e. took the hoppers out of the cradles and the cradles of the rest of the body then painted patches of different colours to try and replicate parts of the wagon that had been repaired in the past once that was dry in used a diluted black (some railmatch I had) diluted with some IPA that sort of thing let that dry a bit, while that's drying I dirtied up the cradles with the same diluted black, going back to the hoppers I then used some neat IPA and a wide flat brush and pulled the colour down the sides of the hoppers to replicate where the muck coal dust and everything had been washed down the sides of the wagon from the rain and such once this was done I took my airbrush with a mix of railmatch frame dirt and black and diluted with IPA to a nice thin solution and sprayed the sides of the body, springs and brake area and finished with Carr's dark brown, medium brown, light brown, some Vallejo dark red ocre as rust and dark yellow ocre as brake dust hope this help and sorry it's a bit long winded but this process takes time

GEDC0399_1.jpg

Archived