Big up for Scalescenes

cutting42

Thought I would write a public vote of thanks to John Wiffen at Scalescenes. I had downloaded a sheet of concrete blocks but found they were a bit too light and I could not darken them without losing the definitions. Sent John a mail on his website and within a day or so got a mail back with a custom darkened version for me. So thanks John, great service and I hope to see the range expanding further. John also is considering my request for drain covers and tactile paving as well, so if you want these please let John know.

Site Link

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Cutting42, you're spot on.

These kits are fanatastic, unlike Metcalfe kits there are no white corners to spoil the effect. The attention to detail is outstanding. I have always been warey of embossed card and the depth of the morter joints.

I stopped using card as I could not find any the correct width. I am using foamboard now, link later. I know some are using fibreboard also.

The customer service is impeccable, I managed to blow up my PC. John emailed me a link with all my orders a day later. You can't complain at that.

Thanks John

del00

• RMweb Premium

A couple of months ago I had a hard drive crash on my old computer. After trying to recue the contents I sent Scalescenes an email to ask if it was possible to download my purchases again and within eight hours I had an email with the full details.

Excellent customer service and a BIG thank you to John Wiffen of Scalescenes.

Chris

If you have access to a reasonable graphics editing program you could scale them up easily enough, the issue would be that they'd likely need a printable area larger than A4, or the resolution wouldn't be high enough. If you're prepared to do the maths you could even scale them up in MS paint.

these kits do look superb i just wish there was some o scale ones

Hiya

If you look at the website, there is a page on "printer scaling" where you might be able to create an O gauge print. However as has been said by Ragtag, the resolution may not be up to it. I recommend an email to John, I am sure he can help with which files have sufficient resolution to upscale to O gauge.

Just to add - all of the buildings on my little trainset have been made using Scalescenes products - the scratchbuilding stuff is fab and I could not think of going back to a time when I wouldn't at least attempt to scratch build a building anymore - scalescenes has helped me develop my skills further. Many thanks to John at Scalescenes, its a superb business with excellent products.

its good to hear that scalescenes are getting the recognition that they deserve, its a wonderfull range of pre-designed products, as well as some useful walls, floors and other such materials, i have used them on a couple of occasions, and would say that without regret, its a brilliant detailed kit when its done and its something that most modellers will be able to achieve without being an architect either.

Archived