The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

E-bay descriptions of Condition of the item

Ron Solly

Just a small post.

My son got me to bid on a Sega game from Germany found on the Australian site - good price.

The first condition information was

Brand New

followed by German words when translated later on, also reflected these conditions but as the item was not new & did not work, I then asked my friends about how to translate other language words & found out not only was it New, unused and undamaged items in original unopened packaging,

but further words translated then said, it was used & the sound not working.

So two different conditions - one in English , confirmed by part in German & then the opposite in not working properly in German, - I have taken this up with Paypal but so far, not winning.

It seems that one has to read all the words & make up your mind on which ones are truthful! If only we had known of Google translation !!

so beware.

So far Paypal have responded to me with the words - basically - Stiff luck.

Once a decision has been made, it cannot be reversed.

I did indicate that if E-bay is smart enough to know what country I am in & provide approximate currency conversions if the item is from overseas, it would be smart enough to provide any translations but then I could be naive.

But I am still discussing it with them.

Archived