DVD Welsh Byways

sn

Just wondered if anyone had bought the DVD entitled Welsh Byways? It's old 8mm cine of various lines like Ruabon - Barmouth/ Moat Lane. Camarthen etc . Knowing that some of these old films can vary greatly in terms of camera work it's nice to get a review before you buy. So, anyone got this? Worth buying?

• RMweb Premium

If it's this one then the answer is yes. I watched it at a friends on Saturday evening and it has some simply stunning shots of the demolition train between Morfa Mawddach and Llanwychllyn, which I thought worth the purchase price alone. The rest of the action (though not of such rarity) matches the quality, being well shot and in good focus. It's worth turning off the 'brummie' narration and by selecting the train sounds and music option.

If it's this one then the answer is yes. I watched it at a friends on Saturday evening and it has some simply stunning shots of the demolition train between Morfa Mawddach and Llanwychllyn, which I thought worth the purchase price alone. The rest of the action (though not of such rarity) matches the quality, being well shot and in good focus. It's worth turning off the 'brummie' narration and by selecting the train sounds and music option.

Thanks for replying. Yes it's that one. Sounds good. How many minutes footage is there of the Ruabon -Barmouth section on that DVD would you estimate?

• RMweb Premium

..... How many minutes footage is there of the Ruabon -Barmouth section on that DVD would you estimate?

I'm not sure, and as it belongs to a mate 45 miles to the north I can't easily pop over and see (he's having comms problems to compound matters) but a rough estimate would be 5 minutes, the demolition train that covers the southern portion of the route seemed a little longer.

Archived