Galaxy Models, Ipswich

DJH584

We were in Ipswich today and I took the opportunity to nip into Galaxy Models. in Foxhall Road.

To those of you not au fait with the company, they do a lot of radio control models but the left hand side of the store, as you walk in the door, is given over to model railways and the first thing you notice on the left as you walk along to the end of the aisle, is a layout which encompasses all sorts of loco's including Underground Ernie.

I went in today, and I found that the layout was missing. I glanced to my left and instead of seeing shelves full of loco's and rolling stock along with train sets etc., there were two or three shelves of secondhand rolling stock and that was it.

I asked the guy behind the counter, "What's happened to the loco's?" Reply - "We're not doing them anymore." Me - "What not at all?" Reply, "No"

Somewhat stunned and not wanting to push the matter - their business is not mine - , I said okay thankyou and walked out.

I have bought a number of items from Galaxy before including a couple of loco's in the past, but to lose this supplier is sad to say the least.

Parking has never been easy there but at least they are on the outskirts of Ipswich.

So whatever they have got left online, if you want it then get it, because judging by the look on that person's face, when it is gone that it is it.

Sorry to be bearer of bad tidings - I have NOTHING at all to do with the company - apart from being a satisfied past customer.

My regards

David

Archived