Bachmann Class 40 - no tanks conversion?

Pillar

Hi, I'm new here and I've got a sneaky suspicion that come tomorrow I'll be the proud owner of 40075 with disc headcodes by Bachmann (I'm getting it for Christmas ;) ). It's an old model so I'll be having a mess about with the ride height, fitting lights ect - but another thing I'd like to try is converting it to a no-tanks version, as Bachmann modelled themselves on other 40's.

So, does anyone know how best to go about this? I'm not looking to find another model and Bachmann are hopeless for spares so it looks like I'm heading for a kit or scratchbuild to do the conversion.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Cheers

Liam

Wow, that's alot of work you've put in there :O

I'm not sure how far I'll be going - etched grilles, lights and a better ride height ought to be a start but I'll be repainting also. From what I can see on Bachmann's effort, the no-tanks version just has a couple of brackets in their place - shouldn't be too hard to make then.

Cheers

Liam

Hi Liam,

There are a pair of screws that hold the tanks onto the underframe moulding. You'll need to unclip it from the chassis (8 screws to come off first!). The "Eiffel Tower" will be revealed underneath.

Hope that helps.

Tim

ps: got any plans for the spare tanks? ;)

Archived