oo gauge BRML test train vinyls

Hi I've seen some coaches on ebay that represent the BRML test train out of Doncaster works, the ebay item number is 360322277429. Can anyone advise if these are transfers or repaints etc as I would like to model these, also how are the windows blanked out, thanks in anticipation.:unsure:

Fox does transfers.

I've done a set of these myself - cut a strip of 10 or 20 thou plasticard that is wide enough to cover the hight of the windows of an Airfix mk2d, then cut it into strips wide enough to cover each main window, and gentle round the corners of each blank off with a file. Do something similar for the door windows. Its much quicker with a plasticard guilatine.

IIRC the trial train needs mkIID's 2x BSKs 4x 8 window TSO's and just one coach was a mkIIa/b/c( but I can't remember which flavour of non-air-con).

Jon

Cheers thatnks for the info, did you paint them or where they transfers :unsure:

mine were painted, but its not a difficult livery, an overall sray in white primer, and a grey roof. The fox transfers include the brml logo's, the lining and number sets. I sold my set about 5 years ago.

Jon

Archived