Eyecandy for those who see things closer together

shortliner

• 1 month later...

Fascinating little (?) setup there. Reminds me of some of the 'Layout in a ...' articles in my old Railway Modellers and the like back in the 60s and 70s. Amongst all your pictures what really caught my eye was your carving on the plaster stonework making up the observatory. I've had a go at this sort of thing once but I see you've added relief and scoring on various individual stones. Glad I can zoom in close - I can see how you've done it, not too much but enough to add to the realism. I'll attempt something similar next time I'm carving plaster. Thanks, I've learned something today!

Steve.

• RMweb Gold

I've been working in 1:13.7 on 1.75" track for about 10 years on and off.

It is a fascinating scale, you can knock out a wagon from a couple of bits of timber and nails to make a flat truck, or you can go to the other extreme and construct it plank on plank with nuts bolts and rivets doing the jobs they were intended to do.

Some of the guys in the USA are building Maine two footers in this scale, which turn out bigger than a 3.5" standard gauge 4-6-0 0r pacific.

It is a scale for the scratchbuilder or the converter/kitbasher as there is little commercially available

There is a Yahoo group if you want more info:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/7-8InchScaleTrains/

Regards

Richard

Archived