If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Just joined the forum

Dom

Well I've been into model railways for around 9 years since, i was five.

I haven't done much in the last few years as my RC hobby has taken over. My trains are all OO gauge in the 1950's to early 60's era. For the last few months my dad and I have been building his N scale german based layout which he has collected for years. Now I have the skills to finally make a "proper" layout myself I have decided I am going to start! I'm fine at wiring/soldering and stripping motors etc as I have learnt this from RC. Just trying to learn DCC at the minute! On the N we run a uhlenbrook system which is fantastic but very expensive and as I am funding this myself i need something cheap, I'm tempted by the Dynamis (slightly put off by reliability) or the Hornby elite system, any views? i have decided I am going to sell up and buy modern loco's and the track plan is something like oulton design. (If anyone has any modern british diesels or rolling stock in good condition PM me for sale or trade. wink.gif)

I went to the local B&Q yesterday and got some 2x1 and some thicker for the legs. The layout is loft based and is 15ftx3ft plus the fiddle yard which will loop round. I began to build the baseboards and its nearly there now. smile.gif

• RMweb Premium

Hi Dom and welcome aboard.

You'll find much to inspire you here, and that applies whatever era, scale, and prototype that you choose.

Don't be shy, and let us see your progress - you'll get lots of constructive advice. And if you've got any questions, then most of the answers are here if you search, or if you can't find what you need, for the asking.

Regards

Stewart

Archived