Kidlington Scout Rail

• RMweb Gold

I'm thinking of popping down to Kidlington on Saturday for this exhibition. However, I can't find much information about it either on this site or on the web.

http://www.kidlingtonscoutgroup.org.uk/images/scoutrail.jpg

Does anyone know what layouts and traders etc will be attending?

Thanks.

Mark

• 1 year later...

Well, I went on Sunday, and stayed 20 minutes. Unfortuiantely it was a rather sad shadow of what it used to be. I've attended this show many times over the years, as it falls very close to my birthday. I didn't attend last year, so my comparison is based on previous years.

It's always been a slightly difficult venue with the stepped floor, but has ususally felt fairly tightly packed in. This year it seemed to have plenty of space, due largely, I think, to the lack of content. The only layouts of any size were large scale, and non-scenic, and while there were some decent small layouts there were none that kept me interested for very long. Trade was disappointing to me too. A couple of decent traders, and the majority of the rest second hand. I spent less at the trade than I had on admission. Probably the best presented stand of all was the L&B preservation stand - but I'd had a good look at that at a show in the autumn.

So, disappointed here, and probably won't attend again unless I get the imporession it has recovered.

Archived