Total Black TTA tanks & HAYS chemicals TEA tanks

richard60098

This is a better, clearer shot of the acid tank, but it might still not be what you're after:

po-84135-brt-TCA-Warrington-1987-05

(Dimensions reinstated due to finding correct ones: )

Bogie centres: 7976mm

Length over headstocks: 12166mm

Length over buffers: 13406mm

Overall width: 2616mm

Total height: 3919mm

The diagram for these wagons (TE008C) is now available on the Barrowmore MRG website. The diagram for the Total bitumen wagons is also available, TT057A, in the 3rd book, if it's of any use.

Here's the only photo I've ever seen of a black Total tank (I've not been looking too hard though, so there may be others out there) :

po-58106-pr-TTA-Railcar Services Stoke-1987-05

This batch of wagons was numbered PR58001-58025, searching fotopic or flickr may yield some more photos.

HTH

• RMweb Gold

Hello,

Can anyone help, i need pics or links to pics of both, TOTAL Black TTA tanks with the muti coloured branding on the top rite hand side of the tank and HAYS Chemicals TEA tanks.

Heres the link to a HAYS Chemical tank but does anyone know of any better clearer shots?

http://gallery6801.f.../p62120723.html

Kind Regards, Rich.

Hi Rich,

Good, clear photo of Hays tank in:

Modern Railways in Profile Series - Volume 3

British Railway Air Braked Stock

Compiled by Tom Smith

Cheona Publications

ISBN 1-900298-31-7

Also a couple of photos of the other Hays type of bogie tank.

Photo of Total black tank in:

Modern Private Owner Wagons

David Ratcliffe

PSL Publications

ISBN 1-85260-062-4

Will see what else I have for the tank.

Hope these help!

Thanks

• RMweb Gold

po-84135-brt-TCA-Warrington-1987-05

The Tourret book lists the primary dimensions of these wagons as follows:

Bogie centres: 13055mm

Length over headstocks: 17043mm

Length over buffers: 18283mm

Overall width: 2686mm

Total height: 3962mm

The same book also mentions that the length over barrel is 17043mm, but I don't think that's correct.

Pugs

I am not sure how accurate those dimensions are - it looks like it says on the sole bar that the bogie centres are 7975mm.

Cheers, Mike

You're quite right Mike, I hadn't noticed that. I'll edit the post to remove them, they're not right at all.

Edit - New, accurate dimensions found, post edited accordingly.

The diagram for these wagons is now on the Barrowmore MRG site, TE008C in the PO wagons book 1.

Hi,

Thankyou for your replys and links the total pic is just wat i was looking for as i needed to know were the TOTAL transfers sat on the right hand side of the tank.

On the HAYS Chemical tank i needed a pic i could send over to a transfer producer whos making up the lettering and blue backgrounds for the tank in question if theres any better shots of the writing on the tank that would be good, i do have wagon books but no scanner so can't use these to send to me guy!

Also would you say the HAYS tank is rail grey in colour?

Cheers, Rich.

Hi,

Thankyou for your replys and links the total pic is just wat i was looking for as i needed to know were the TOTAL transfers sat on the right hand side of the tank.

On the HAYS Chemical tank i needed a pic i could send over to a transfer producer whos making up the lettering and blue backgrounds for the tank in question if theres any better shots of the writing on the tank that would be good, i do have wagon books but no scanner so can't use these to send to me guy!

Also would you say the HAYS tank is rail grey in colour?

Cheers, Rich.

Rich

Not sure why you are having so much trouble with the Hays wagon. The high res of this shows considerable detail, and I will email to you if you ask. As to colour, I don't believe the barrel skin is painted, like HAAs they have a natural finish possibly galvanised steel or aluminium. This one shows this quite well http://gallery6801.fotopic.net/p62120691.html The Hays wagons only have vinyls added - the original number can be seen at their right hand end.

Paul Bartlett

Archived