Kits for backdating a Vi trains Class 37

What kits are available for backdating a Vi trains Class 37/4 to the box style indicators 37/0

Also any references for doing this.

DC Snr

A Brit in the USA

Silver fox used to do replacement ends for the Lima 37 which I fitted on 2 occasions with no problems and was straightforward, with the Vi trains loco having some Lima ish parentage it might fit, although I have not personally had experience of the Vi trains 37 to confirm. You will also need new nose grilles, redo the boiler roof compartment and add the access door to the cubicle on no2 end. I converted an early release Bachmann 37/4 to a 37/0, long before Bachmann did theirs and it was a lot of work. You will be better off cost wise getting a Bachmann splity box 37/0 and sorting the skirts.

I saw today that Bachman are doing a new 37 with split codes and correct skirts I will go that route

Thanks

David

Silver fox used to do replacement ends for the Lima 37 which I fitted on 2 occasions with no problems and was straightforward, with the Vi trains loco having some Lima ish parentage it might fit, although I have not personally had experience of the Vi trains 37 to confirm. You will also need new nose grilles, redo the boiler roof compartment and add the access door to the cubicle on no2 end. I converted an early release Bachmann 37/4 to a 37/0, long before Bachmann did theirs and it was a lot of work. You will be better off cost wise getting a Bachmann splity box 37/0 and sorting the skirts.

Archived