New to airbrushing

Hi all,

I am new to airbrushing and want to make sure I clean it properly after use. I am using the Premi Air G35, recently when I have cleaned it I have took it to pieces and cleaned all the bits with cellulose thinners and a brush but what about the main body of the of the airbrush, I had thought about soaking it in a foil tray with thinners but I noticed a small rubber o ring which is part of the trigger mechanism and looks very difficult to remove.

Will the thinners damage this o ring or any other part of the airbrush?

Any help or advice would be greatly received.

Regards

Michael

Hi Michael - the easiest way to clean the inside of the brush is to run through neat thinners or cleaning solution immediately after your spraying session.

It is possible that soaking in cellulose thinners will have an adverse effect on the O ring - certain rubber composites will swell or deform if left immersed in cellulose so I would advise against it.

Although I have never experienced any problems cleaning airbrushes with the spraythrough technique I suggested I can understand your concern.

If in doubt you may wish to invest in a cleaning kit like this one:

https://airbrushes.com/product_info.php?products_id=3328

where a set of varying sized cleaning brushes may be employed to clear through the airbrush body in conjunction with airbrush cleaning fluid or thinners.

Archived