08-879 paint question

Recently i decided to do a bit of a clearout & tidy up my cupboard for modeling. Whilst tidying up i came across a Bachmann 08 shunter which i had a go at converting to EM gauge some years ago. The conversion wasn't a great success & the original Gibson wheelset was discarded & the model put away with no real idea of what to do with it.

Moving on a new year & a new direction of modeling has brought this model out of the cupboard & with a new purpose. Originally i decided that i was going to strip off the bit of weathering i did & renumber it as one of Tinsley's unofficial namers. The model was left stripping for to long & as a result i removed the black chevron's on the front & back of the model so i was scratching my head again as to what i should do next. After a good think & a bit of research i have purchased the transfer set for the one off Tinsley did named Sheffield Childrens Hospital which is a place i visited as a child biggrin.gif

The one thing i noticed on the photos of the loco is that the br blue color does look different to standard br blue, is this just because the paint is newly applied or is it a different shade of blue all together??

Cheers

Simon.

• RMweb Premium

If you want re-apply chevrons, Fox Transfers do them.

Fox Transfers - F-4303(F303), Scale: 4mm

Locomotive Shunter Chevrons 2 sheets In black - you paint the base yellow in shade

according to era and overlay decals when paint is dry. Enough for three shunters.

If you want re-apply chevrons, Fox Transfers do them.

Thanks David but i am not going to do the fox transfer route because the last time i used a lining set from fox i was put off big transfers because my lining looked more like the big one at Blackpool.

I'm 99.9 % sure that it's standard BR Blue. See this pic, for example:

http://steve-clark.f.../p60811563.html

HTH

Thanks Martin i think the railmatch shade is a lighter shade than what Bachmann put on there models because the one i have is a very dark blue & when matching it to the photo the one in the photo looks green. I have a rattle can of railmatch blue so i think i might do a test on a piece of plasticard see what it looks like against the photo.

Cheers

Simon.

Archived