Converting a Lima mk1 to P4

Hi guy's i'm looking for a little help with a conversion i am currently undertaking. The coach i have is a full brake Lima Transpennine liveried mk1, i'm not sure on the bogie because it isn't the standard mk1 bogie or a commonwealth. I'm unsure if i can buy a replacement casting or should i use the original Lima bogie with a bit of butchery. From stock i have a set of MJT compensated bogie unit's & they are currently fitted with 14mm Gibson's but the original Lima's are smaller & it got me wondering if i had the correct wheels can anyone clear me this up & also the bogie query?

Cheers

Simon.

Well for one it is a bit of a project & also i don't have bags of money to shell out buying new items so i am going to make do with what i have so the answer to your question is yes it is. Once the model has flush glazing fitted & a bit of detail it should be a nice model.

Simon.

14mm wheels is correct, Lima had it wrong on their BR1 bogie, you'll need new MJT sideframes for your compensation unit as the Lima bogie wasnt great cosmetically.

I have a feeling your coach will be a few feet too long as only the Bachmann and Replica full brakes are the correct shorter 57' length.

Flushglazing a Lima mk1 do the toplights don't look rubbish will give you a bit of a challenge.

You'd be better off with a Bachmann one for about £9 and a repaint..

Archived