BRMA Convention 2011 - Sydney

• RMweb Premium

I know its a long way off, but anyone going from Vic?

I am going to be AWOL from July to September but seriously thinking about it and catching an overnight train to and from the convention instead of driving there.

Cheers

Peter

• 1 month later...

Peter and Neil,

The convention will be held at North Ryde which is about 17kms NW of the CBD with good bus links into the city.There is a good range of accommodation ranging from a 5 star hotel to a caravan park close by. More details in March and June TCH.Hope to see you there. My layout will be on the Sunday tour.

Ron.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Ron,

Thanks for that info. I have recently joined BRMA and am looking forward to the next TCH. I went to the NMRA convention in Sydney last year and enjoyed using Southern Link to get there and back. The Seniors Card discount makes it much cheaper than driving. The best way is to catch the sleeper both ways (1st Class) so arrive in Sydney in the morning and ditto for the return to Melbourne.

Peter

Is there any news who the guest speaker/modeller is? I will check the website and wait for March TCH.

I was able to get to the BRMA convention in Melbourne in October, but only the Saturday.

Just checked the BRMA site, Simon Kohler of Hornby. Now I may just have to think about going.

I may think about for now as I am off to the UK in April - May. Have tead up some club visits, and a few personal layouts and some preserved lines.

Look forward to hearing/reading more about it soon.

I have travelled to Sydney by Plane, Train and Automobile. If you have a car its easy to get round. As I have a few friends, its always handy to catch up.

Mark

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Well, finally back home from the long trip north and down the west coast and learning to adapt to the drop in temps from 30+ to 16. Also clocked up more than 15,000 clicks on the the trip.

Have my entry info back for the convention and booked in for 2 weeks at Lane Cove Caravan Park as I will be going to the Model Rail show at Liverpool then a week in Sydney visiting friends and rellies before the convention. The Boss is coming as she has things to do across the border and I notice we are booked in at the Opera House for DvoÅ™ák’s New World Symphony the following Tuesday.

Looking forward to it

Peter

Archived