Ebay: Help required

mojo

I have recently had problems as a Seller in contacting Ebay Customer Support. Trying to click help boxes just goes round in circles with no result.

Has anyone on the group had recent dealings with Ebay and can anyone offer advice as to how to contact them?

Maurice C.

It might be Ireland , or somewhere tax efficient like that, its certainly not India. I came by it after raising a 'dispute' after I bought three 'Westerns' described as new , and unrun, when they had superglue everywhere from some hamfist trying add the accessories, and grooves of wear in the wheelsets.

They were a great help to me, as I had photographed the damage and returned the items recorded delivery. Took three days to get a full refund with return postage costs etc, and the seller mysteriously left Ebay!.

If I remember events correctly, the phone number only became available on the Paypal screen - after - a dispute and claim was filed.

There is also a chat-room style feature that I've used before when trying to work out how to make an item I was selling available to overseas bidders. I'm not sure if it's was a human at the end or a droid but it did give me the information I needed.

Pix

• 1 month later...

Hello All,

After 3 months and umpteen emails, some unanswered, and 2 phone calls I have finally had the f.v. fee repaid. This was miraculously after I asked in my final phone call for their landmail address ( in order that my solicitor could contact them!). It was done within 6 hours!

With regard to the item which was returned, it has been dismantled and attempts made to modify it which have ruined the model. Either that or a substitute model returned to me but definitely not in the original condition in which it was auctioned.

Ebay do not want to know, being it would seem 100% biased towards the buyer.

Maurice C.

Archived