RMweb

Disabling sound functions

The Black Hat

Is it possible to disable sound functions on a sound chip to allow extra functions to be made available for additional functions, such as controlling an extra light circuit. I have a 142 that is being worked on I am wondering if one of the sounds can be disabled so that an extra light function can be used to add extra realism.

Thanks in advance for advice...

Is it possible to disable sound functions on a sound chip to allow extra functions to be made available for additional functions, such as controlling an extra light circuit. I have a 142 that is being worked on I am wondering if one of the sounds can be disabled so that an extra light function can be used to add extra realism.

Depends on the chip.

Also if the problem you have is lack of function buttons on the controller (or lack of F13+ support on the DCC system you have) you can almost always remap the functions to move a sound you don't use out of the way of a function you do. Again the CVs for this are chip dependant on the whole.

I presume its a Howes 142 sound chip. If so, i will be the loksound with the four accessory options, ie lights front / back and 2 others, tail lights front / back in my case.

Thus, to have more options, perhaps lights in the loco, you can add a cheap 2nd decoder for additional functions.

There would be no point. The functions are capable of switching sounds on and off AND switching lights on and off at the same time. The chip will come with as many functions for lights as it has from the factory. You cannot add switched power functions any more than you can take them away.

The ESU Loksound V3.5 comes with four switched functions.

You can remap them to other function numbers to avoid sound conflicts when switching lights or you can remap the sounds to other function numbers.

Archived