Warren Shepard Kits

I currently have his P15 kit about to be opened on the WB - it looks quite an acceptable kit with good diagrams and instructions. That is a 2003 design - so not too old.

I've seen a couple of his locos made up and they looked very good - I don't think they represented any great problem.

Catch him at a show and he is very chatty and knowledgeable about the prototypes easy to approach and I'm confident would be only to glad to offer advice or instruction.

The fact he does the castings separate is good sign IMO - I'd certainly go for it.

The most likely place for a review is probably the L&Y Society Magazine. I recall they did no less than three reviews of the 0-4-4t from the same stable, each member solving its problems in different ways.

Unfortunately due to household cuts I am no longer a member of the LYRS so can't confirm if a review has been puiblished for this one.

I have the N2 which is due to go in to the workshops once I have finished the first stage of track laying on the Widened Lines. I had a slight problem with one of the instruction sheets missing but a few emails soon sorted that.

To the kit I've added Slater's wheels, re-profiled to S7, and a set of Lawrie Griffin inside valve gear. The kit looks straightforward enough and as always it pays to do some research in to the prototype.

I will need at least two N2's to work the LNER services in to Moorgate.

F

Archived