B.R.(W). INSIXFISH INSULATED FISH VA

Tricky-CRS

• RMweb Gold

Hi all

Does anyone have a copy of the drawing for the above van. Ideally with some dimensions or scale on.

Also looking for any pictures of them in service. I have read the old RMWeb posts but need more information.

Hi Richard,

is this not the same drawing as on the old RMWeb thread?

http://www.kenton-model-railway.co.uk/A/insixfish_s13s.jpg

Thanks

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for the reply.Yes, but I need a better copy of it to scale off. Also need to know the roof layout and the end details.

Hi Richard,

I'm sure there was a site on the web with a better drawing...

It's not listed on my references for wagon drawings though.

The GWR drawings are either at York or Swindon.

It's hard to work out which drawings are where as there does not appear to be any listing with holding location.

Thanks

• RMweb Gold

CRT kits do a kit in O gauge : http://www.crtkits.c...cc/info.php?p=2

If your plans aren't going to be in competition with their efforts aybe you could approach them to see if they would be willing to pass on some of their research.

Also there is a photoof one of these wagons just after withdrawl on page 139 in the 4mm Wagon Part 3 by Geof Kent.

• 9 months later...

Hi all at Warley I had several new items for sale.

1: GWR/BR S13 INsixfish van kit - comes with stove R chassis, van body, etched detail and transfers

2: 5 Nn3 wagon kits - Brake van, Gunpowder van, Tank wagon, 2 plank wagon and Cattle Van. All come with Full Throttle wheels.

3: From MiniScene - Laser cut - Signal box and dry stone walling in 4 packs (multi, straight, curved and specials)

Thank you.

• 4 months later...

Hi all

Does anyone have a copy of the drawing for the above van. Ideally with some dimensions or scale on.

Also looking for any pictures of them in service. I have read the old RMWeb posts but need more information.

Hi Richard, Have a look at page 352 of "Atkins , Beard & Tourret", you'll find a dimensioned drg .On previous page you'll find a photo.

I am in the throes of building four of these in 4mm and any info. you may have about the brake gear would be very welcome, particularly the rodding geometry.

Cheers

Derek

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello just found these thread, and I've got some question regarding the GWR 6 wheel Fish Van.

How long was these vans used in the Western Region?

And from what time did they appear in Scotland?

Where they used in other traffic after the decline in the fish traffic?

Thank you for your answers.

Markus

Hello just found these thread, and I've got some question regarding the GWR 6 wheel Fish Van.

How long was these vans used in the Western Region?

And from what time did they appear in Scotland?

Where they used in other traffic after the decline in the fish traffic?

Thank you for your answers.

Markus

My understanding is that they were built at Swindon to GWR standards just before nationalisation but never saw service in GWR colours but went into fish traffic particularly on the Suffolk Coast Main line from Lowestoft to London.

I am building four of these in 4mm and would be pleased to have any details that any reader may have, particularly about the clasp brake rodding geometry.

Derek

• 4 weeks later...

Archived