If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Back Again!

fildowns

Greetings everyone!

Like a few (or many!) others I've lost count of the times I focused on a different scale but I now find myself the tongue-lolling owner of a Heljan O class 37 and the once-impossible dream of a 7mm model (ok...miniature railway-oriented play area) of a preserved/refuelling/small depot or stabling point a distinct possibility.

Lacking money, time, expertise (so many things really!) I never considered such an undertaking feasible, so made do with other directions, such as 00+DCC and Garden+batteries. But now I find myself in a completely different situation domestically (long story!) without a garden, slightly more spare time and, quite importantly, control of my own reddies! :) And blow me if you can't buy plastic bodied blue diesels in O for the price of a kit without wheels and motor!! As a former circa-1980-young-teenager I find these locos arriving via Denmark rather hypnotising in this scale and colour! All I need is Heljan to produce a class 45 and I can die happy! Though I'm miffed I missed out on a 47... :(

But all in all, I think this going to be a good year! (26...55...:blink:) I look forward to hanging in and around the forum and contributing pics and stories when I can!

Ooh look....a couple of dusty yards of code 124...I'm off! B)

~philip

Archived