BACHMANN CLASS 08 CAB ACCESS

LJC

I've a couple of windows to replace on my Bachmann Class 08.

Does anyone know how to get into the cab itself.

I've got the body off, looks like the cab would just slide out, however it feels solid.

Am I missing something ???

Cheers

LJC

The cab is a slide on in a groove around the bonnet end. There are two tabs which lock it in place at the bottom of the cab front each side, ease the cab sides outwards to free these, then it will slide up relative to the bonnet. A little wiggling mayy be required to break out a small amount of liquid cement tacking the parts together. I have done three, and all were alike, no great problems releasing any of them. For reference, same arrangement on the Bachmann class 20.

The cab is a slide on in a groove around the bonnet end. There are two tabs which lock it in place at the bottom of the cab front each side, ease the cab sides outwards to free these, then it will slide up relative to the bonnet. A little wiggling mayy be required to break out a small amount of liquid cement tacking the parts together. I have done three, and all were alike, no great problems releasing any of them. For reference, same arrangement on the Bachmann class 20.

Thanks for that, I'll give it a bash over the weekend.

Cheers

LJC

Archived