DMU Class 121 DTS - reference sources help

With fotopic being down and Railcar.co.uk under redevelopment I am struggling for some reference photos for my build of a 121 DTS and wondered if anybody could point me to some phots/or drawings of the inner ends and the underframes? The photos I have found are mainly 3/4 shots so am struggling with placing the detail.

Many Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

With fotopic being down and Railcar.co.uk under redevelopment I am struggling for some reference photos for my build of a 121 DTS and wondered if anybody could point me to some phots/or drawings of the inner ends and the underframes? The photos I have found are mainly 3/4 shots so am struggling with placing the detail.

Many Thanks.

I've just been looking for the same ... found some pics here ... http://dennistaylor....c1710177_1.html

I believe the underframe is exactly the same as the TC.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

I wonder if anyone can tell me what colour the non-driving ends should be. I've just finished my first DTS in blue/grey livery and painted the end blue (as I seem to remember them being that colour). I'm about to paint my second, this time NSE livery and not only do I not know what the inner ends look like, but am not sure about the blue/grey one either now.

Any ideas?

thanks guys.

37114 .... I'll post some pics at some point .... the first isn't quite finished yet .... I'm using a lima centre car chassis and need to move / add steps and buffer beam detail, as well as paint the interior. How are you getting on with yours?

OK, so I can't find any acrylic NSE colours and as the cut lines on my second DTS are almost impossilbe to see (unlike the first) and I don't have experience of spraying oil based paints (and therefore don't want to screw up the model), it's going to be a second blue / grey unit. And while I'm at it, I'm also going to spray a class 117 DMS in blue / grey ... what colour should the inner ends of ths be, blue or black?

Thanks

Stefan

thanks guys.

37114 .... I'll post some pics at some point .... the first isn't quite finished yet .... I'm using a lima centre car chassis and need to move / add steps and buffer beam detail, as well as paint the interior. How are you getting on with yours?

I am still at the material gathering stage as have been getting bits finished on the layout for its next show in April. I was hoping to use one of the Silver fox DMS conversions but they are delisted. As I will need a Trailer chassis, I will go down the route of getting a TS and dummy DMBS and cut the relevant parts from the TS shell to replace the brake compartment. My work rate is slow so hopefully finished by 2012....

I sent John at silver fox an email about the conversion kit last week .... he'd just had a delivery and sent me 5 at the beginning of the week. Very helpful chap (had a class 128 from him before too) and very fast turn around sending stuff out.

... cut the relevant parts from the TS shell

I did exactly the same the week before last with some left over bits and created a 116 DMS in Parcels Service livery .... the silverfox conversion looks MUCH neater as you don't have to muck about with door handles at the non driving end, where you have door, small window, door, small window.

What colour are you painting yours?

This is how far I've got .... might make you not wait till 1012 :D

class121dts.jpg

still need to ...

- Paint the door handles and knobs

- add buffers

- add buffer beam details

- add bogie steps

- paint inside

- hide wires ...(have already installed DCC, directional and coach lighting, using Hornby class 101 bogies with NEM couplings for the electrical pickups)

- weather

- move steps

Archived