FR Crest Transfers

ngtrains.com

• RMweb Gold

EDM Models / NGtrains.com now has decals for Festiniog Railway Crests available in 4mm & 7mm Scales

post-2660-0-95658500-1298935787_thumb.gif

[That's a full size crest not a scale one]

They can be found on our website on the Decal Page

Now to try and pre-empt the questions

• No there isn't an image of the actual transfers yet as I still have to apply some and take pictures
  • Yes, they are just like Blackham ones because they are made for us by Blackham Transfers
  • We are now buying them in bulk and packing them ourselves
  • The aim is to have them available from stock
  • So far its just the crests but the intention is to expand the range
  • Blackham isn't now retailing them but directing customers to us

I'm bound to have forgotten something. The aim was to make the transfers readily available for customers building our FR rolling stock but has ended up with us doing the retail leaving Blackham to manufacture them. The range will expand as capital and demand allows.

Help spreading news of their availability would be appreciated

• RMweb Gold

Gary

Probably not would have to be my answer to your question. They may already be available from Blackham Transfers in the scale you want.

Each new one I add to what I stock requires an outlay of several hundred pounds so additions won't happen very quickly and I am more likely to expand the range in the scales I work in rather than add more scales. The 16mm one would probably need more detailed artwork and/or more colours as more of the detail will be visible.

Of course if someone said, "do them in 16mm and I'll buy 50" the economics change considerably

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for the reply.

I'll still be needing 4mm versions to so will come to you for those.

I think Blackham do do some 16mm transfers but to be honest I find their website unhelpful.

Maybe a phone call to him will be better.

Thanks for the information.

Garry

Archived