A small number of GNSR buildings in 2mm

• RMweb Gold

Its been a while since I did any model related stuff at all, all my 4mm were sold off or dismantled at the back end of 2009 prior to a house move from Yorkshire to the West highlands,he new house we found our selves a little short of space. What I thought might become a nice loft conversion was not possible, due to the house being metal-framed, there maybe a way to convert the loft but it won't be happening as quickly or as easily as envisaged.

It was with that I decided to sell up all my 4mm stuff and go for the 2mm finescale, something I'd wanted to do for sometime. I had a good reason to push the boat out and actually do it!

It's taking a bit of time to get used to the things being so small, and I decided to start on the kestrel building kits I had acquired before scratchbuilding anything, as I was thinking I'd be sure to scale things wrongly, plus small details like windows/chimney stacks and the like frustrate me even in 4mm!

I put a couple of pics up in my blog of the kestrel country station, they were in progress shots and to be honest I was dissapointed with the pics.

post-7-0-54278000-1299286200_thumb.jpg

its looking a good bit better now with the windows straigtened out and the gaps filled in.

In the background are the 'rough' plans for a GNSR timber goods shed, based on the one still standing at Blacksboat in the Spey Valley.

file.php?id=4947

Archived