Extreme Trains

Calnefoxile

Was mooching about on my BT Vision box yesterday, when I came across this show http://www.history.com/content/extreme-trains there where 4 episodes on BT Vision and they are all about American Railroads, but they are quite interesting.

The Episodes I saw where about the Acela Express from Washington to Boston, Coal train over the Allegheny Mountains including the Horshoe Curve, Freight Train from Los Angeles to Fort Worth and the Steam Train about Union Pacifics 844 service from Denver to Cheyenne for the Rodeo.

I think it is still on the History Channel on Thursday evenings, but I haven't checked.

If you have BT Vision box it's worth having a look, even if you're not into American Trains.

Regards

Neal.

History has run this series 3 or 4 times now. There are 8 episodes in Series 1. (Sadly HC has cancelled their plans for series 2)

1: Coal train - NS through the Allegheny mountains

2: Freight train - LA to Fort Worth, BNSF

3: High Speed - Acela

4: Ice Cold Express - WA state to NY UP refers.

5: Steam Train - UP 844 from Denver to Cheyenne WY

6: Overnight Traveller - Amtrak Empire Builder from Chicago to Seattle

7: Circus Train - Ringling Brothers train

8: Transcontinental - UP freight from Omaha to Sacramento

I found the series refreshingly upbeat - I'm sure that one of the other satellite networks will broadcast series 2 in due course. My favourite episode was the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey circus train - what a life!

Next Ep AFAIK is 16.00 on Friday Sky Channel 529.

I found the series refreshingly upbeat - I'm sure that one of the other satellite networks will broadcast series 2 in due course. I think my favourite episode was the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey circus train - what a life!

Sadly Chris, as I said there isn't going to be a season 2. History Channel cancelled it. They're the ones that commissioned and created the programme. The host has gone back to his day job and his band.

Archived