Mill View

moorlander

Well i have finally taken the plunge and decided to make a small board to run some engines on. Shunt a few wagons about etc.

The board measures approx 5ft x 2ft 6" The track has been laid and some ballast added by my brother.

My modelling skills leave alot to be desired so the intention is to have a "work in progress" board to improve on. Purists please look away now.

I am fully aware it will never be exhibition standard, more of a learning curve for myself. Hence things will move about abit, get repainted ,detailed.

Probably binned too !

For example, Im using things like old triang models, Metcalfe and Knightwing kits with Lima vintage diesels.

Like alot of modellers i have limited space to work with. So the intention is to make a small rural location. With a station, a goods and service depot.

The era i guess will be mainly be BR blue /green diesels with the odd steamer thrown in.

The station i picked up second hand from a local shop. The blue needs needs toning down with a second coat of Tamiya paints and gaps filling in etc.

post-8086-0-00693800-1300030511_thumb.jpg

post-8086-0-41714500-1300030696_thumb.jpg

post-8086-0-83809700-1300030781_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Good for you we all started somewhere. Two bits of advice I can offer.

1. Look at the real thing how the railway lies in the land and odd details. Being observant costs nothing but can make a model

2. Have fun its a hobby.

Don

• 1 month later...

Archived