Starting off

Andy Y

With a lightning fast conclusion to the rules debate it now means that it's game on with just under a year until closing. I think there's been more initial interest in participating this time around than last which should hopefully mean a healthy number of entries (people can still enter through the year even if they have not staked a claim already) and a healthy number of new projects getting underway with ultimately some cracking models for personal and/or public display display at the end of it.

The decision to go with the 2010 square inches was not just based on the vote but that it is inclusive to those who elected for a smaller size and a little more flexibility for those wishing to model in larger scales.

Good luck to all, I'm sure even those not participating will find it of interest along the way.

Now, off to polish up long forgotten geometry and mathematical calculations to throw up some shapes, scouring of reference material, some field trips with a camera and a refresher in XtrkCad to start playing with some ideas.

• RMweb Premium

And there was me thought you had a bucket of Templot plans to play with.

I want to enter, and if anyone wants to buy a pub, I will.

The time spent surfing RMweb would allow me to do something, but setting up in the public bar is fraught with danger.

Andy, even though you are the owner and runner of RMeb, if your own efforts are over and above the standards of Keyhaven Quay, you should be in with the running in a vote.

Best regards

Ian,

still in the armchair.

Gentlemen (and Ladies, of course) I'm astonished at the sheer volume of different ideas that entrants have come up with for this competition. If even half come to fruition, the challenge will be well worth while. I'm looking forward to seeing how it all goes - best of luck to everybody

Jack

Archived