History of the Newcastle & Berwick Railway

Mac

Published by the NERAssociation it has a similar layout to their earlier book on the Newcastle & Carlisle Rly.

Goes into detail about Morpeth, Alnmouth and Tweedmouth stations, but it was the description of Newcastle

Manors that interested me enough to consider it as the basis of a layout.

post-9584-0-42648600-1300453933_thumb.jpg

Check out the NERA website. These books are available from them by post.

ArthurK

Never heard of them. But a Google points me in the direction of many NERA sites from National Employment Rights Authority to NERA consulting.

eventually way of the top ten comes North Eastern Railway Association which just gives me a dead blank page - so not particularly inviting.

Possibly why purchasing via Amazon would be more reliable if possible.

Guest Max Stafford

Another vote of approval for this excellent book. It covers several facets of this line which was the first bit of railway that I became very familiar with. Included is a list of all the signal and gate boxes on the route with relevant dates. Plenty of interesting data about stations, yards, signalling and traffic along with a number of useful diagrams and drawings.

Dave.

• 3 weeks later...

Never heard of them. But a Google points me in the direction of many NERA sites from National Employment Rights Authority to NERA consulting.

eventually way of the top ten comes North Eastern Railway Association which just gives me a dead blank page - so not particularly inviting.

Possibly why purchasing via Amazon would be more reliable if possible.

"Never heard of them" Surely not ! Very we known and long-standing line society, which is possibly why they were near the top of your searcg.

Yes, it is the North Eastern Railway Association ! I suppose the clue was really in the OP's large-font, bold book description.

Ian

Archived