If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

hello

Kelly

Thought I'd post a quick hello message.

Been kind of in/out in terms of modelling in general, although primarily in the past my interest has been aviation related. I've a keen interest however in a variety of subjects (mostly Southern and LU stuff and odd-ball items!).

Was at Nottingham yesterday with Natalie, was first time I'd been to an exhibition in a long time (apart from Ally Pally last year, which I didn't really pay a huge interest in sadly as my mind was focused elsewhere at the time due to a family funeral - reason down in london in first place).

Was good to see a nice selection of layouts and talk to various stall holders/exhibitors and learn some useful information.

I've a keen interest to make my own jewellery, and get more into electronics, and being a computer geek anyhow, most of the tools I need for these and railway (well any) modelling all overlap to some extent, which is excellent news!

I'll leave it there, if you wish to know a bit more feel free to have a look at my website, although it is mostly geeky stuff a lot of the time.

kelly

Thanks Lee, I'm sure there is, it'll take a while to find what I might be interested in. But I share similar interests with Natalie in some areas, but am a bit more oddball perhaps!

One of these days I'll actually do some model making, been years since I did, today kinda inspired me to want to do so. Had to sell all of the aircraft kits i'd collected due to financial problems and storage space (storing 1/48th scale aircraft when made just wasn't going to be viable in the small space of my flat).

Kelly

Greetings Kelly

I'd best welcome you seen as I am responsible for making you aware of the great forum that this is (sorry about that everyone else. :rolleyes: ) If you only ever join one railway modelling forum then you have come to the right place (you have my paypal details still I assume Andy? :D )

There are a lot of welcoming and knowledgable people in here who can usually help with most subjects. Nothing wrong with liking the Southern and LU- you are responsible for my interest athough I have probably taken it to a different level.

You know where I am if you want any help with anything.

Hi Kelly,

Welcome aboard! Glad you enjoyed the Nottingham show, as did I!

You must have plenty of talents if you are into computer things and aviation modelling, it will all stand you in good stead for railway modelling! As for the jewellery making, well my wife was into that before getting into glass beads and Yes! there is a good overlap there too!

Cheers,

John E.

• RMweb Premium

Welcome aboard the best railway modelling forum on the web.

Whatever you model, there's somebody else on here doing the same subject, you can bet on that. And of course, if you can't find what you want, just ask, and you'll get an answer.

I too have a background interest in aviation, though it has taken very much a back seat as I gear up to starting to build a railway layout.

Regards

Stewart

Archived